Marketing is an essential part of any successful business, and in today’s digital age, social media has become a powerful tool for reaching potential customers. Just like playing the 2p machine in the arcade, every marketing activity you undertake is like dropping a coin into the machine – it may take time and effort, but with the right strategy, it can pay off in big ways.
Marketing your business, here are our two pennies worth.
Marketing your business is like playing the 2p machine at the arcade.
Every 2p that you pop into the slot represents a social media post, a connection made through networking or an email address that signed up to your list. As you continue to show up this effort will accumulate, and with consistent effort, you will transform this effort into a lead.
Sometimes you can be lucky and put just one 2p into the machine and hit the jackpot. At other times you must keep filling the machine until the prize drops.
Think of the 2p’s filling your sales funnel, we never really know when the next lead is going to call, drop into our DM’s or email us. What we do know though is that if we stop showing up and stop dropping those 2p’s into the machine our new leads and therefore, our business, will eventually come to a halt.
We’ve experienced this first-hand time and time again. Recently a lady from a large organisation contacted us via our Facebook page to arrange a meeting to discuss her requirements. We didn’t recognise her name and couldn’t remember having any interactions with her, yet she had been on our Facebook page since 2016. When we asked her where she had found our details her response was simple. “I’ve been watching you for a while but didn’t need your services until now”.
This lady had been seeing our updates for years, but we have only just become relevant to her because her situation has changed. We didn’t know the time was right for her to buy, but our strategy is to show up consistently, therefore, when it was a good time for her, we were one of the first companies that she approached.
It may seem difficult at times to keep going. However, do your best to make sure you stay present, so you are at the forefront of people’s minds when they come to buy.
Marketing your Business
The analogy can unfold further:
- Strategy and Timing: Like carefully choosing the right moment to drop the 2p, you need to devise a well-thought-out marketing strategy and consider the timings of your activity. A great example of the importance of timing is Christmas, in the 2-week run-up to Christmas there is no point running expensive advertising campaigns to sell holidays or telling people to put their houses up for sale but as soon as you get to the 26th December it’s prime time. People are over the business of Christmas and have some time to think of the months ahead.
- Testing and Experimentation: Just as you adjust your approach whilst playing the 2p machine, marketing requires testing and experimentation. You may try different platforms, messages and offers and you need to look at your data to see which creates the best response and return on investment. It’s all about finding the most effective ways to market your business.
- Accumulation of Efforts: As you continue to drop 2p coins into the machine, the cumulative effect increases your chance of winning. Similarly, consistent marketing builds brand awareness, attracts customers and generates leads over time. Every marketing activity contributes to the overall visibility and growth of your business.
- Consistency and Persistency: We talk about consistency and persistence a lot at Piece of Cake Marketing! Unfortunately, success isn’t about luck just like when you are playing the 2p machine. Not every marketing activity will give you immediate results, but by consistently investing in marketing initiatives, you increase the probability of achieving long-term success and gaining a competitive edge.
- Celebrate the Wins: When you successfully win a prize in the 2p machine, it’s a moment of celebration. Similarly, in marketing, it’s essential to recognise and celebrate your successes, whether it’s achieving a specific marketing goal, reaching a milestone, or securing new customers. Acknowledging your wins boosts morale and motivates you to continue investing in marketing efforts. At Piece of Cake Marketing, we do this on a monthly basis and record them to enable us to look at all our results across a year.
The moral of this blog post is…
Keep adding new people to your sales funnel.
Keep communicating regularly with your audience.
And remember just because people aren’t interacting with your posts it doesn’t mean that they aren’t watching.
Just like playing the 2p machine in the arcades, marketing your business requires a combination of strategy, persistence, experimentation, and adaptability. With each marketing activity you undertake you are moving closer to achieving your business objectives and reaping the rewards for your efforts. So, drop those marketing ‘2p coins’ wisely and watch your business grow!
Looking for Marketing Support
Ready to take your marketing efforts to the next level? Book a Marketing Strategy session with Piece of Cake Marketing and unlock your recipe for success!
During a personalised 3-hour session (in person or online), our expert marketing team will dive deep into your business goals, target audience and competition. We’ll analyse your current marketing strategies and identify areas for improvement and growth.
To schedule a session or learn more email email@example.com or call Emma 07799626332. Let’s create a marketing strategy that’s as irresistible as a piece of cake!