Ephemeral content sounds more like an infection or an illness than a marketing term. In fact, it’s the term being used for the newest form of content to hit our screens, the type that only lasts 24 hours.
’Ephemeral content is short-lived, and the longest it can last is 24 hours. After that, it disappears forever.’
So where did this new trend in short-lived social media come from? Well, it started with Snapchat and then Instagram introduced Stories followed by Facebook Stories.
This type of content is meant to be more human, off the cuff and can give the customer a real look at behind the scenes. It plays on FOMO (Fear of missing out), encouraging your audience to tune in more regularly.
You also don’t need any fancy type of equipment, your smartphone is enough to take advantage of this marketing method.
There is power in this type of content for celebrities, brands and business owners. It makes you more real and helps to build the, know, like and trust principle.
If you’re thinking about using Ephemeral content…
• Have a plan and make it part of your full marketing strategy.
• Use Ephemeral content to tell a story. Make sure you post regularly throughout a day to create a series of images and videos.
Ideas for Ephemeral content on Instagram and Facebook stories…
• A day in the life of one of your team members.
• Are you attending an event? Keep your customers up to date and help them to see what you have experienced with all that is going on throughout the day. Remember to tag other business or attendees in your images.
• The step by step process of how you create your product.
• New offer or discount.
• This or that post/poll for your audience to complete.
Most of all have fun with it.
Further reading… Instagram Stories
Have you got a creative block? Do you need someone to help with content creation for your social media? Our social media content creation prices start from £99 per platform. Complete social media management services are available on request.
If you are looking to plan your social media more effectively and you would like more ideas. Take a look at our downloads and templates package.
Looking for more social media inspiration? Join our FREE Facebook group.