Do you like to have a plan? We all like to have a plan, don’t we? But it’s often creating the plan that puts people off. We’ve heard it all – we don’t have time; we don’t know where to start or we planned in the time but something important came in and we didn’t get time. But setting your sights on a specific goal is crucial and as Antoine de Saint-Exupéry aptly said, “A goal without a plan is just a wish.”
Advantages of a Marketing Plan
There are many advantages to having a marketing plan and we’ve listed just a few of these below –
1. Strategic Direction
– A marketing plan serves as a roadmap, outlining the direction for your business. It helps define the path you want to take, providing clarity on where the business is headed and how it intends to get there.
– By clearly setting goals and objectives, the marketing plan becomes a tool that guides decision-making and ensures that every marketing activity is purposeful and contributes to the overall strategy.
2. Alignment with Business Goals
– Ensuring that marketing efforts are aligned with overall business objectives is crucial for organisational success.
– The marketing plan bridges the gap between the marketing department and the broader business strategy, ensuring that every marketing initiative contributes to the achievement of business goals.
3. Measurable Objectives
– The establishment of clear, measurable objectives is vital for effective performance tracking and evaluation.
– Measurable objectives enable businesses to quantify the success of marketing initiatives. This, in turn, allows for data-driven decision-making, helping teams to identify what works, what doesn’t, and how strategies can be adjusted for continuous improvement.
4. Guidance for the Team
– A marketing plan provides a central reference point for the team, offering an overview of the goals, target audience, messaging, and strategies.
– With a shared understanding of the marketing plan, team members can work collaboratively, ensuring that their efforts are synchronised and contribute cohesively to the overall marketing strategy.
5. Efficient Use of Resources
– Wasted resources can be minimised through effective planning. A marketing plan helps allocate resources efficiently, preventing unnecessary spending on unplanned or ineffective activities.
6. Sense of Accomplishment
– One of the most rewarding aspects of having a marketing plan is the sense of accomplishment when goals are achieved.
– As measurable objectives are met, and the business moves in the intended direction, the marketing team experiences a sense of achievement and motivation, fostering a positive and goal-oriented work environment.
The One Page Marketing Plan
What exactly is a one page marketing plan? It’s a concise method of breaking down your business objectives into simple, actionable steps that guide you towards your goals. We tend to do a new one page marketing plan for Piece of Cake Marketing every 13 weeks.
Here is an idea of how it could work for a business.
Consider “Busy Toddlers,” an enterprise conducting preschool classes targeting parents within a 5-mile radius.
Objective: Increase class count and enhance brand awareness.
Goal: Enroll 50 new children by September and introduce 1 additional class locally.
Strategy 1: Leverage existing customers for referrals and rebookings.
– Send a monthly newsletter.
– Ask for testimonials and referrals actively.
– Implement a ‘recommend a friend’ promotion.
Strategy 2: Harness social media for customer attraction.
– Maintain consistent posts across social platforms.
– Utilise Facebook local groups to widen audience reach.
– Create targeted Facebook ads during term launches.
Strategy 3: Offline marketing initiatives.
– Participate in 3 local family events offering taster sessions.
– Collaborate with local health visitors/weighing clinics by distributing leaflets.
– Seek partnerships with venues to promote services to their customers.
Dividing your goal into manageable, actionable strategies enables focus. It’s not just about execution; it’s about success. Remember to assess the effectiveness of each strategy to make informed decisions in the future.
Download your FREE One Page Marketing Plan
Now we’ve given you an example and all the reasons why you need a plan why don’t you have a go for yourself. Download our FREE one page marketing plan here.
Email Marketing with Flodesk
If you’ve watched our video you’ll see that we mentioned email marketing with Flodesk. Use this link to get a 50% discount on your first year.
Work with Piece of Cake Marketing
We’re Piece of Cake Marketing—a no-nonsense marketing agency based in Coventry. Providing a commercial and flexible approach to marketing consultancy, marketing outsourcing, social media management, campaign planning, email marketing, training, and so much more, we work hard to help businesses create marketing solutions that generate positive results.
Whatever your goals or purpose, we’re driven to help you fulfil these, all through the power of marketing. Together we can achieve exceptional results.
Whether you need help compiling a marketing strategy, creating content for your social media content or you want to look at how you outsource your marketing we can help.
We are passionate about reaching the goals of the businesses we work with. If you would like to discuss your businesses marketing requirements further get in touch with Emma today on 07799626332 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.