Top tips for using your phone to create video content
How do you feel about video? By video we mean you being on video and talking directly to the camera.
According to Cisco by 2020, 80% of all consumer internet traffic will be video.
The benefits of video for your business are great…
- People get to know, like and trust you.
- You can showcase your area of expertise.
- You can help potential clients by answering questions and helping with potential problem areas.
- And finally, Facebook algorithms love it!
Over the last month or so we have managed to get 3 of our clients to step out of their comfort zones and take the plunge and do a video.
The reason many of our clients don’t want to video is that they feel it is complicated. They think they need lighting, microphones and other expensive pieces of kit!
These days all you need is your phone and some natural daylight.
Our top tips for creating video content with your phone for your social media…
- Feel comfortable in your surroundings, it may be that doing your video in the car works for you or it might be at home or in the office. Choose somewhere that you feel relaxed.
- Always video in landscape rather than portrait to make sure you don’t get black lines down the side when you’re uploading your video.
- Use post-it notes on the walls to remind you of the key points you need to cover. By sticking them on the wall behind the phone it will look less like you are reading from a script and be more natural.
- 70% of people watch videos without sound, Facebook now has the facility to add subtitles to your videos. We’ve found that it struggled to recognise our accent but you can override and pop in the correct words. Be warned it can be time-consuming.
- If you do want to invest in kit out top recommendation would be a tripod for your phone. There are lots available but we like the ones you can manipulate and you could then attach them to door handles and other areas.
- Feeling really brave? Facebook Live videos work best for engagement but don’t push yourself to do that straight away if you don’t feel comfortable. Again make sure you have a plan!
- Finally and this is the most important thing to remember. ADD VALUE – your video (and all other content) needs to add value. Think about how you can help your customer. Do a video about that.
Looking for marketing and social media tips? Feel free to come and join our FREE Facebook Group.