We are very passionate about the benefits of a business blog. Our goal is to post a new blog article on a regular basis that provides useful information and that adds value to your business. We don’t always achieve it and it’s not always easy but we’ve found a recipe that works for us. Emma is the ideas person and generally starts the blogs, Kate is the polisher and completer – true teamwork!
Why should your business blog?
- A business blog is a simple way to share information with your customers and your target audience.
- A blog is great for SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). The search engines love new content and will reward you by pushing you up the search list if people are searching for your keywords.
- A blog will also provide you with plenty of content to use on your social media platforms.
- A well-written business blog will build confidence in you, your business and your area of expertise.
What should you blog about?
- Your blog should be interesting to your target audience. It doesn’t have to be, specifically, about your business area. For, example, you might sell baby blankets, but you could write a blog about weaning as that would be a topic that would be of interest to your ideal customer.
- Don’t be afraid to give away content for free that you would normally sell. In the long run, it will build confidence in your area of expertise in the industry and add value to your business.
- Use your blog to answer your customer’s questions. So for, example, if your customers are always asking where your products are made, why not write a blog on this topic, tell your story and engage them.
- You could invite guest bloggers to write a blog that will be of interest to your customers. This will help with your blogging workload and there are benefits for your SEO in terms of an outbound link. Always try to link out to relevant content in your niche. The site to which you link should be of high quality. If you link to good blogs, there’s a greater indication that yours too is good.
- It is one thing to write a great blog but it’s another to get people to read it. This blog from HubSpot is really useful and talks about writing Blog Titles Your Readers Can’t Resist.
More benefits of blogging…
- People connect to you, your ideas and your ethos.
- Your blog allows you to give out information that you may not be able to express in other forums.
- You can gain enjoyment from writing, researching and working with other experts.
Are you still boggled by blogging?
Do you need further training or help putting together a blogging schedule? Would you like to outsource your blog? We can certainly help with that.
Have you got a creative block? Do you need someone to help with content creation for your social media? Our social media content creation prices start from £99 per platform. Complete social media management services are available on request.
If you are looking to plan your social media more effectively and you would like more ideas. Take a look at our downloads and templates package.