Winning Tactics for Growing Your Email List
We talk a lot about creating the right content for social media and building followers. Many businesses often forget the importance of their email list and email marketing.
Getting an email address is vitally important to your business as it’s another way of communicating with your client. Imagine if something happened to one of your social media accounts, at least with an email address you have another way of contacting your customers.
It’s important to think about how often you email and to ensure that your email either adds value or offers an unmissable discount or content.
How can you collect email addresses?
- Add an email sign up button to your Facebook page.
- Add an email sign up button to your website.
- Include a link to your email sign up on the signature of your emails.
- At events put out a clipboard to collect email addresses.
- Run a competition on social media or at events to encourage people to give you their email address.
- Offer a freebie if people give you their email address.
- Include a ‘forward to a friend link’ on your email campaigns.
- Include a call to action at the bottom of every blog post you write.
- If you run a class or own a retail outlet why not leave a clipboard out on the desk for people to sign up.
- Use an app on a tablet to collect emails that automatically populates your mailing list. If you’re using MailChimp we love MailChimp Subscribe.
Do you have any top tips? We’d love to hear them.
We’ve seen some great results from email marketing campaigns. It’s a great way of encouraging people to read your blogs and go to your website.
Have you got a creative block? Do you need someone to help with content creation for your social media? Our social media content creation prices start from £99 per platform. Complete social media management services are available on request.
If you are looking to plan your social media more effectively and you would like more ideas. Take a look at our downloads and templates package.
Looking for more social media inspiration? Join our FREE Facebook group.