Customer reviews and testimonials are a great way for new customers to validate your work. We believe that no matter what type of business you have online reviews are highly important.
- Potential customers can use these reviews to help them make purchasing decisions
- Potential customers are influenced by positive reviews
- Potential customers trust customer reviews (even if they’re been made by strangers)
Online reviews – Where can people review your business?
There are so many different places for your customers to review your business. Here are just a few…
– Facebook Page Reviews
– Google Reviews
– LinkedIn Recommendations
– Trip Advisor
How can you get online reviews for your business?
If you haven’t got many reviews, or you’re just starting out why not send your customers a personal email asking them to give you a review. In the email be sure to state what the review will mean to you and your business. Ensure that you make this email timely so that you are still at the forefront of their mind.
Once we’ve received a review, we use that review to update our website and we can share on our social media platforms as good news content.
What should you do if you get a bad online review?
Negative reviews for your business can hurt, both emotionally and financially.
It is, however, important to make sure that you reply. Here are a few tips…
- Never reply if you’re still emotional or angry. Don’t get defensive it’s not professional.
- Show that you care about the customer by apologising. It’s important that you take responsibility for the way they are feeling.
- Is there a way you can make the situation better? If so make sure you do this.
- Use the opportunity to take a look at your product or service, does something need to change?
Further reading… Running your own business is like a game of snakes and ladders!
Over to you! Where do your customers leave online reviews for you? How do they help you or your business?
Piece of Cake Marketing – creating content that your audience can relate to.