It’s Time to Give Your Social Media a Spring Clean
The clocks have gone forward. The daffodils are in bloom and Coventry City win at Wembley, 30 years after FA Cup victory. We know that doesn’t have much to do with spring but we are immensely proud of the performance shown by our local football team.
No doubt these things will make you think about spring cleaning your home. It’s also important to refresh your social media accounts. So grab your login details and a cuppa and let’s take a look at the things you could and should change on your social media accounts.
Spring clean your social media…
Everyone forgets about their personal profile!
This week we set up a Facebook group for a client and added 4 admins. When doing this we noticed that the profiles of the 4 admins looked very different. One showed an old position another showed no current job or business page, just the University they attended.
We often spend a lot of time looking at our business pages. Remember though if you’re posting in a Facebook group you do this from your personal profile so having the right links is vitally important.
Top tips for updating your Facebook personal profile
– Make sure you have your current position listed with a link through to the business page.
– Use the about me section to link to your website.
– Check the privacy settings on your profile. What do you want colleagues / potential clients to see?
Many people set up their Facebook page and then forget to go back periodically and update the information that potential customers will take a look through. Are you still sporting that Winter cover photo? Is there dust collecting on your insights tab?
Top tips for updating your Facebook page
– Take a look at your cover photo. Is there an offer or event you would like to shout about. This is a great space to share that information visually.
– Are email addresses, contact numbers and web links all still relevant?
– Visit your insights, which posts do your audience engage with. What should you do more or less of?
When was the last time you looked at the information displayed on your Twitter account? Have you had the same profile picture since you created the account? Maybe it’s time for a change?
Top tips for updating your Twitter profile
– Take this opportunity to refresh your cover photo and profile picture.
– Is there a seasonal offer or focus? You could pin a post to promote this so that when people visit your profile it’s the first thing they see.
– Make sure your bio has your web link so that people can easily find your website.
Twitter have some more tips for you here too. Enjoy your social media spring clean.
If you’re thinking “all of this sounds great, but I don’t have the time” drop us an email and we can make these changes happen for you. firstname.lastname@example.org