My Facebook Page changed again!
Guess what … Facebook Business pages changed AGAIN. If there is one thing we can guarantee when it comes to Facebook it’s this … it will always change. As a business owner it’s therefore important to schedule in regular reminders to review and update your Facebook page.
Use this blog as your reminder. Below are some important points to note around the recent Facebook page changes:
- The layout of Facebook pages has changed. Your profile picture no longer sits on top of the cover photo. Take a look at how your cover photo looks on desktop but pay particular attention to how it looks on mobile. If you change the cover photo dimensions to 828 pixels by 465 pixels you may find that it looks better on a mobile device.
- Have you noticed you can put a range of automatic responder on your Facebook page messages. In today’s 247 world people want an immediate response so having an automatic message could help to keep people interested in your business. To edit your messages follow these steps …
> Go to your Facebook Business Page > Select Settings > Select Messaging
- Do you have a verified page? Facebook now allows local pages to verify their page. The verification badge will help people “find the right and authentic accounts”. Verified pages will also show up higher in search results.
If your page is verified you will have a ticket in a circle by your business name. It’s really simple to get your page verified you will just need to enter a landline number and allow Facebook to contact you.
Go to your page > Settings > click on General and then look for the page verification section.
Take a look at Facebook pages they’re a piece of cake for more information.
- Check the “About” section of your page. Facebook often change the information you can put in here. You may also find that some of your information is out of date. Think about adding details that give your potential customers useful information. To update the information …
Go to your page > About section > select Page info.
- It’s always a good idea to view your page as a potential customer would.
Go to your page > click More > view page as a visitor. Are you happy with the way that your page looks?
If not take a look at the Manage tabs – on the left hand navigation, click on this to sort the order of your tabs or add other apps that are available.
We hope you’ve found this information about Facebook page changes useful. Is your Facebook page ready for Autumn and Winter? Can we help with your Facebook Page? Content creation is a great way to support your marketing strategy. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free quotation.
Thanks for reading!
Emma & Kate xx