Kate and I are very passionate about the benefits of a business blog. Our goal is to post a new blog article on a weekly basis that provides useful information and that adds value to your business. We don’t always achieve it and it’s not always easy but we’ve found a recipe that works for us. I’m the ideas person and I generally start the blogs, Kate’s the polisher and completer – true team work!
Why should your business blog?
- A business blog is a simple way to share information with your customers and your target audience.
- A blog is a great for SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). The search engines love new content and will reward you by pushing you up the search list if people are searching for your key words.
- A blog will also provide you with plenty of content to use on your social media platforms.
- A well written business blog will build confidence in you, your business and your area of expertise.
What should you blog about?
- Your blog should be interesting to your target audience. It doesn’t have to be specifically about your business area. For example you might sell baby blankets, but you could write a blog about weaning as that would be a topic that would be of interest to your ideal customer.
- Don’t be afraid to give away content for free that you would normally sell. In the long run it will build confidence in your area of expertise in the industry and add value to your business.
- Use your blog to answer your customer’s questions. So for example if your customers are always asking where your products are made, why not write a blog on this topic, tell your story and engage them.
- You could invite guest bloggers to write a blog that will be of interest to your customers. This will help with your blogging workload and there are benefits for your SEO in terms of an outbound link. Always try to link out to relevant content in your niche. The site to which you link should be of high quality. If you link to good blogs, there’s a greater indication that yours too is good.
- It is one thing to write a great blog but it’s another to get people to read it. This blog from HubSpot is really useful and talks about writing Blog Titles Your Readers Can’t Resist.
What our customers say about the benefits of a business blog
Jo Wilson, owner of Little Splashers & Swim Works uses her Baby Swimming Blog to share her expertise in her field.
We asked Jo what she thought the benefits of blogging were for her business …
- People connect to us, our ideas and ethos.
- Our blog allows us to give out information we can’t get across in a swimming class.
- We enjoy writing, researching and working with other experts.
Are you still boggled by blogging?
Do you need further training or help putting together a blogging schedule? Would you like to outsource your blog?
Call us today let’s get together and create your marketing recipe for success.
Piece of Cake Marketing, working with businesses in Coventry, Warwickshire and around the UK.